Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Gessies At The Garden

I was at a seed swap in Virginia about a week ago. It was my first time at the Green Spring Gardens where the swap was held, so I wandered around their glass house to see what they had growing during the winter, which included a nice collection of succulents, bromeliads, and tropicals--but also a variety of gesneriads.

Streptocarpus cyaneus

Streptocarpus sp. (the flower spikes must have withered not too long ago, they were still on the plant)

A wandering Streptocarpus saxorum that's hard to see in this photo because other plants are crowding around it.

I also saw a Nematanthus sp., but the photos I took with my iPhone were too blurry to even make out the species name, let alone show you the cute orange-red flowers that were on the plant.