Thursday, June 25, 2009

The Gesneriad Society 2009 Convention

This is all very exciting; A new blog site - I've never blogged before!
I'm also a new member of the National Capital Gesneriad Society. Yahoo!!
And last but not least, there's a major convention in town next week!!!
As a “NewBee”, the convention is going to be real exciting for me. I understand it’s going to be a pretty big event. Here's some of the things I’m looking forward to:

1) Helping where I can. I don’t know much about shows, judging or conventions, but maybe I can do something to help out and be a part of things.

2) Meeting some friends I’ve only chatted with over the internet. There’s some great places on the internet to learn about Gessies and meet new friends. Places like Gfiles, Streptrade, etc.

3) Getting to know our society members better. So far, everyone at the NCGS has been great! Lets talk and get to know one another better!

4) Spending some Gessie-time with my friend Karin. Karin’s my buddy who likes to help me out and keeps me out of trouble! Although, now that I think about it, she’s the one that got me into all this!!

5) Sales! I don’t have room for any more plants, but you know I’ll be walking out of there with lots of new treasures!

I'm interested in hearing from others out there - Leave your comments so we can all feed off the excitement!

See you at the Convention!

Andy

1 comment:

  1. H,This will be my first gessie convention and I'm getting so excited.I'm looking forward to meeting online friends old and new.I love talking plants and I'm sure looking forward to the sales room!See you there!Jan in AL.

    ReplyDelete