Friday, July 3, 2009

Well, it just turned Friday

and we're still busy getting everything in place for judging. I just
got here for the evening shift, but I think the others have been here
since morning doing one thing or another. And they have to be back
here early tomorrow morning (or I should say early later today). It's
amazing how much work goes into setting the plants in the show room,
spacing them out, labeling the classes, printing and placing the entry
cards, checking for thirsty plants etc.

There are so many entries, it looks spectacular in there!!! No photos
yet, of course.... But you know, nothing beats seeing them in person
to appreciate size, scent, colour, texture, substance etc. If you're
not here this year, I hope you'll be able to go to a future Convention
somewhere.

1 comment:

  1. I left a little after 1 am - I hope the others were able to finish soon after that. Jim Roberts has to be back downstairs at 6 am for late entries and to open the room for the arrangements. Then breakfast at 7 am for the judges, clerks and show personnel. It's really a crammed schedule.

    ReplyDelete